Wordless Wednesday – May 13

A few words please?

Last night before sunset it was raining hard, but then bright sunshine broke through!

I wish it had dawned on me more quickly that the rain was slowing down.  I dashed out side in my bare feet into the centre of the lawn.

I was in time to catch a glimpse of the rainbow which I was confident I would find.

The rainbow was beautiful, bright, vibrant, and rich. However, I had ran out unprepared and was caught without a camera. When I returned, albeit quickly, the colours were washed out, pale in comparison to 4 minutes before.

I learned a lesson:

When it rains, be prepared for a rainbow because the sun is still up there.

– Thank you for reading ♥ David

About dfolstad58

I live in the South Okanagan. BC. I enjoy reading, exercise, toastmasters. spending time with my son, my daughter, & her husband , and my patient wife. I try to respond personally to every comment on my blog, and in this way I hope to get to know my readers a little bit and and am able to thank readers for their encouragement on what they liked and suggestions on what they would like to see me try in order to improve.
This entry was posted in Just being creative, okanagan related, Thinking Out loud and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Wordless Wednesday – May 13

1. These are very beautiful sights, and so colorful. I think Africa as a name is really beautiful 😍❤️

Liked by 3 people

2. Sandra J says:

I love all your wordless Wednesday photos, I actually thought today was Friday though. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

3. LA says:

Beautiful pics! I’m still waiting for the rainbow…

Liked by 3 people

4. Great photos. I know those stairs. 🙂

Liked by 4 people

5. Lael-Heart says:

So pretty ❤
    I've learned that lesson this year too. Life moves fast! Sometimes I move fast with it, sometimes not. But its all ok anyway.

Liked by 4 people

6. Nick Sharma says:

I know it’s been a long time since we actually talked but I follow you on FB and welcome your posts. Life is not always fair but it’s the ‘hand’ that we’re dealt and there are limited options – complain or play the hand that fate dealt you. Anyways, this is one of my favorite songs and if you want to hear a different version, click on the following link… it’s beautiful.

Liked by 2 people

• dfolstad58 says:

I am so glad to hear from you Nick. I have seen this version before and I have kept it in my folders to watch over again. It’s a cool version absolutely. Life isn’t what we order, there is no menu for life.
      “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”-Lao Tzu
      My best wishes!

Liked by 1 person

7. restlessjo says:

I did something similar with the sunset tonight. It was a rainy evening and by the time I noticed the hints of pink in the sky… well, too late! I climbed the stairs but it had gone. 🙂 🙂

Liked by 4 people

8. That rainbow is stunning indeed! Beautiful pictures.

Liked by 1 person